Monday, July 6, 2009

project supplies + updates

Whew. I really need to stop beginning projects and then storing them away ... where they tend to sit for a really long time while I begin other projects. Oh well. My class ends tomorrow, so I'm going to have a lot of free time to start finishing up these things. I constantly browse CraigsList because I love seeing what other people are trying to get rid of and sometimes I find really good deals. Case in point: stuffing!


Three full bags of Cluster Stuff, a total of 48 ounces, all for $5! Sweet. I generally work with poly-fil, but I figured it was all kind of the same, right? Well, cluster stuff is definitely different, but it works find for my little projects. Poly-fil is more clumpy, but this stuff is like a lot of little curls. Now I need to add projects to my list to use up all this stuff!


With stuffing crossed off my list, I made a trip to Michael's. There, I picked up some 2 mm black leather cording (yay for 40% off coupon!), 1" diameter wooden disks, and some metallic-y pink ribbon that was on sale. There was a Dollar Tree nearby, so I stopped in, but all I could really find were some birthday cards. Eh, I can always use more of those. Then I went to Hancock Fabrics and got a yard of gray fleece that was 30% off. So all in all only spent about $25. Fabulous.

   

Well, before I got started on using those supplies, I figured I had to finish some of the lingering ones. First up, the little pouches that I had been making. Now I have six, neatly hanging on my door (next to my beautiful scarves). I'm debating whether I should make more or not. Eight would be a nice number, and I do need more places to put all my odds and ends, but do I really have the time to hand-stitch two more? I'll have to mull that one over. Then comes the embroidery I've been working on (off and on) for the last month. I could probably work forever on the thing, but i decided to stop. It'll probably become a pillow, but it needs some sort of border thing. But at least it's out of the hoop now, which will allow me to start another embroidery ....

No comments:

Post a Comment