Friday, July 3, 2009

birthday gifts

My last three posts involved food. Kind of ironic considering that I'm mighty low on food right now. I still have a lot of bread, but not much substantial food. Anyway, it was my birthday a bit ago so I got some of the most fantastic gifts that I feel compelled to tell the world about (well, if the world read this blog, that is). People know me so well. For example, they know:


I like pretty things. From the sister: necklace with metal leaf and beads. She sent it to me in the mail, so I got it before my birthday. When I told her I had already opened it, she yelled at me. True love. Anyway, I wore it on my birthday and it's the perfect length!

/>

I like crafty things. From friend X: merino blend wool yarn and glass beads. She also included red ribbon and yellow flowers because she knows that I hate the colors red and yellow. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, that is true friendship.


I like glass things. From friend A: blown glass container/orb/beautiful-thing-that's-going-on-the-coffee-table. She said it's made from recycled glass from some specific brand of soda that I forget. Anyway, it's fabulous and she got it from Austin Art Glass, which has some really nice pieces. I need to visit that place sometime.


I like nostalgic things. From roommate S: DVD of "The Breakfast Club". Sweet. This is one of my favorite movies, but for some reason I never owned it. Now I can watch it again, and again, and again! Yes.

Fantastic. I had a great birthday and the gifts, while fabulous, could not compare to the dinner I had at Kerbey Lane with my friends. I love this town.

No comments:

Post a Comment