Wednesday, May 27, 2009

learning to crochet

   

I'm teaching myself to crochet. Yay! Well, it's slow progress but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. Today I went out and bought two crochet hooks, one small 3 mm and a larger 10 mm. I bought the larger one because there are some specific projects that I have in mind which would require such a hook, but since I'm not sure when/if these projects will come about, I'd better not mention them yet.

Thank goodness for the internet. I got hung up on some really confusing online how-to guides, but the website NexStitch has easy-to-follow video tutorials. So I got the single and double crochets down pretty well, I just need practice keeping the stitches even. I'm also trying to crochet a circle (flat) but it keeps curling up even though I'm doubling the number of stitches ... frustrating. I kept practicing with stitches and unraveling it to start over since I don't have much yarn, and by golly, my hand hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment