Sunday, May 31, 2009

back to normal

Whew. Well, I am finally back in Austin, meaning that now things should be getting back to normal. Classes start on Monday (ack!) and I have a job interview on Tuesday (double ack!). I measured the throw pillows I have and they're 18"x18", then I measured my fabric ... and wouldn't you know it? I don't have enough fabric to make three matching pillowcases. The pillows themselves aren't bad since I just bought them at Target about eight months ago, but they're solid navy blue and boring as hell. And I'm not a big fan of navy blue. Also, I can't imagine why on earth I only bought three since I'm generally not a big fan of odd numbers. So I think I'm just going to go out and buy a fourth pillow and get enough fabric for four.

I also scanned some images from some old sketchbooks to serve as inspiration for my embroidery. Originally I was planning to trace the images with one of those disappearing-ink pens to exactly replicate the drawings, but I have since decided on a more freehand approach 'cause that's just how I roll.

   

I tend to do a lot of abstract line drawings so I think a series of four pillows with these kind of random designs would look pretty spiffy in a college apartment, eh? The little guy ... well I just thought he was cute. Found him in a sketchbook from my first semester of college. I might embroider him on something just for fun, he's just so pudgy. I need to draw more, I do so love it. More meaningful posts to come - honestly!

No comments:

Post a Comment