Tuesday, May 19, 2009

home for a bit

So tomorrow (later today) I shall be leaving for home, or rather my parents' home. Hopefully while I'm there I can buy a new memory card reader and external hard drive. I'm a slave to technology. Anyway, so I'm officially done with the year and now is just the long wait to see what my grades are ... very nerve-wracking since I was on the border for most of my classes. But I have my mommy's wonderful cooking to look forward to. Why, oh why couldn't I have inherited her height or her fantastic-ness in the kitchen? Seriously not fair.


Anyway, since I cannot upload any pictures of what I've been working on, I present sketches I did from a few years back (these date back to high school). I'm thinking about putting them on pillows. The image is of crappy quality (back when I had a crappy scanner) but I think I think if I embroidered it in bright purple or something on a white pillow it would be pretty nifty looking.

Oh, and I almost completely forgot. I made bread the other day for the first time. Saturday afternoon I made bread, and it didn't rise. And no, I didn't kill the yeast. So that ended up being a flat thing of really, really chewy bread. I tried again Sunday, and turned on the oven and let the dough sit on top (at the suggestion of my roommate). And voila! It rose, though the bread still didn't turn out all that great. By the end of the summer I hope to perfect this bread-making business - wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment