Friday, October 7, 2011

cinnamon swirl bread success

Woot! I finally got around to making bread in the bread machine AND remembering to take pictures. I got a Cuisinart bread machine when I first moved to New York and I've been making the cinnamon swirl bread that's in their recipe book. Pretty yummy.


I've been making the 1.5-pound loaves, and it basically fills up the entire thing, so I don't know how this thing is supposed to make a 2-pound loaf (although it's an option). It's just so easy, I love it. Back in Texas when I made bread by hand I always had trouble getting it to rise correctly, but never once had a problem here. I have a jar of yeast and a whole thing of vital wheat gluten, but goodness gracious flour goes fast.


This time the swirls came out better than the last time, but since we don't have a rolling pin, it's not too perfect. Plus, more cinnamon sugar would be better because ... there should always be more cinnamon sugar.


I made the bread as a procrastination tool while writing a paper. And whaddaya know? It makes a great breakfast paired with coffee after an all-nighter! Woot! This slice was further down into the loaf so the swirls are way different. Must had "rolling pin" to the list of stuff to buy.

More bread needs to be made though, because two days after getting baked, it's almost gone. Sadness. On the other hand, the paper got done and even though it wasn't the best, it got done. Now I just need to get going and start all my other assignments.

1 comment: