Tuesday, August 4, 2009

the corner's new layout

I finally have a new layout! Woohoo! The black text on a gray background in the previous layout was annoying me. I whipped up the layout pretty quick in PhotoShop, but then it took me forever to figure out all the little CSS quirks. It's been a few years since I did any HTML-ing, and back in the day I stuck with simple HTML and frames. This look is much more me (and less standard template) so I'm pretty happy with how it came out. I'll probably be working on some quirks for a while, but all in all it's pretty much good.


A few days ago I bought some fabric at the Wal-Mart here because I simply cannot resist cheap fabric. Besides, I needed fabric to craft some pillows. I bought a total of a little under five yards (four yards and one remnant piece). Each yard was either $1.50 or $2.00 so the total was $8.54. Not too bad. Anyway, that marks my last purchase for the month of July, bringing my total for the month to $38.43.

Hm ... what else? Has anyone ever changed a tire before? It is RIDICULOUSLY DIFFICULT! My mother and I were out shopping and when we got back in the car (an SUV), we realized we had a flat, so there we were in the parking lot, trying to change a tire. Ugh. Some guy driving by helped us put the spare on, which was seriously a godsend because neither me nor my mother could lift the tire. So now I know how to change a tire.

About two more weeks at home and then I'm off to my new apartment! I have a new layout and now I'm starting a new tally for the month of August ... yay!

1 comment:

  1. The new background is great! It's really neat and clean!

    I have never changed a tire before, but I can imagine it would be difficult!

    Those colors of your new fabric are gorge, and you're right - cheap fabric is awesome and so hard to resist!

    ReplyDelete