Saturday, June 13, 2009

shopping trip


I bought a new table! It's originally from Ikea, but I bought it off CraigsList for a mere $13. Superb. So, from now on my pictures are probably going to look a lot prettier with the white tabletop as the background instead of my nasty carpet. And I'll have a dedicated workspace for crafting (no more floor, yay!) Hopefully now my back and neck won't hurt so much.

This morning I woke up early (around 10 AM) and went garage sale-ing. There were a few things that caught my eye, but nothing enough to tempt me to buy. Since I was in the area I stopped by Dollar Tree (a different one than last weekend) and picked up some cheap dollar goodness. I'm lucky, right? I have two Dollar Trees to choose from, and though they have a lot of the same stuff, they do have some unique things. Afterwards I drove a few streets over to Goodwill and picked up a few more things. I took two pictures (the second after I had cleaned things up and added some mood lighting ... lol). Oh, and my memory card reader worked again! What a fickle thing.

   

from Dollar Tree:
  • green car wash mitt ($1)
  • woven basket ($1)
  • orange votive candle holders ($1)

  • from Goodwill:
  • wooden square frame ($1)
  • green square glass container ($2)


  • The basket went to the kitchen to hold my potatoes. Hm ... those potatoes don't look so great, I wonder how long I've had them. Guess I'm going to be cooking potatoes tomorrow. Today was so productive! I got home around 2 PM and then I did laundry, vacuumed the apartment, and took out the trash. Tonight I'm going to start my homework due Monday and prepare for my interview on Monday (my second official interview - wish me luck) and tomorrow morning my roommate S and I are going grocery shopping. Whew, what a weekend!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment