Monday, June 15, 2009

little improvement

My sister had mailed me this picture frame in the fall as one of her random little care packages (this is why I love her). It's a pretty glass frame with a translucent image of lavender and a square (square!) 3"x3" frame. The quote from John D. Rockefeller says "I can think of nothing less pleasurable than a life devoted to pleasure." So it sat on our kitchen counter for a long time, just a cute little homey touch. But there was one thing that bugged me about it - the craft was slightly off. As you can see in the before photo, when you look at it from an angle, you can see the image of the flower just peeking within the frame ... annoying for a detail-minded person like me.

   

So I finally got around to detailing it a bit. With the help of some 1/4" black ribbon and good ol' Elmer's glue, I vamped up my picture frame. Nothing drastic, just a touch of class that happens to oh so conveniently hide its flaws. Just glued the ribbon straight to the glass, tucking it in some under the silver frame. Now I think it looks pretty darn spiffy. So spiffy that it is no longer relegated to the kitchen; it belongs with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment