Tuesday, January 10, 2012

x-stitch ... years in the making

Did I ever mention that I am quite the procrastinator? Well, here's proof. I finally finished a cross-stitch that I've been working on for the past few years. It's not that big (about 12"x12") and I really have no good excuse for why it took so long. This cross-stitch saw me graduate high school, graduate college, go off exploring, and start graduate school. Yeah ... when I say that this took me a "few years," what I really mean is 7 and a half years. Oh yes.


I received the pattern from a friend for my 16th birthday. We had taken biology together, and for a bug-collecting project, we managed to catch some butterflies. In the process of pinning them to the board, some of the wings fell off and we became the wingless butterfly friends. She gave me the cross-stitch as a reminder of that. We actually haven't talked in about five years or so and we've both just changed so much, but I'm glad that I've finally been able to complete her gift.

Kind of bittersweet in a way. The cross-stitch is completed, we've lost contact, time has moved on ... seems kinda final.

No comments:

Post a Comment