Thursday, November 17, 2011

really non-mexican tacos

I've been fairly busy lately (and still sick) so I haven't been very crafty and I haven't been making much food either. For instance, my lunch today consisted of crackers and juice. But I actually put a bit of effort into tonight's dinner! I basically survived college by eating everything in a tortilla since I can't really cook. Usually my meals involve simple reheating, a box, or a can. Eh.


I made myself some soft tacos with chicken sausage, mashed potatoes, corn, and shredded mozzarella. They were delicious. My roomies think I'm weird and I'm sure other people out there are wrinkling their noses at me, but hey - I never said I was normal!

If you're thinking: Where are the fruits and veggies? Well, the honest answer is that there are none. Nutrition-wise, I'm horrible. Not a big fan of healthy things. By no means am I suggesting that this would be a well-rounded meal for someone (unless you had a side of veggies). As one of my roommates put it, for me, the food pyramid is more of an hourglass shape, heavy on the carbs and sugar and sparse on everything else. I should probably get my cholesterol tested.

No comments:

Post a Comment