Saturday, September 19, 2009

sugar cookies!

My roommate had a review for her studio, so ... I made them (and me) sugar cookies! I went with my go-to sugar cookie recipe, which I still have no complaints about. I found it here and judging by the amount of reviews it has, a lot of other people agree with my positive assessment.


Ingredients:
  • 2-3/4 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 cup butter (softened)
  • 1-1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

  • Process:
  • mix together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder
  • separately mix together the softened butter (microwaved it for a while) with the sugar
  • to the butter mix, add the egg and vanilla
  • add it all together
  • form into teaspoon-sized balls on a cookie sheet
  • bake in oven at 375F for 8-10 minutes (I stuck to about 8 minutes for chewier cookies rather than hard ones)


  • They come out delish as always. The recipe yielded about four dozen cookies, which was probably a bit more than I should've made. I intended to halve the recipe, but while mixing ingredients, I forgot. And how the heck do you halve an egg, eh?


    I ended up just sewing a quick bag, lining it with a paper towel, and stuffing about two dozen of the cookies in there. The rest stayed on our counter. I attached the sugar cookie tag I made a few weeks ago to a binder clip, and then just clipped the bag closed. Looking back, I should have added some ribbon, but guess I was just being lazy. Quick and easy. This week is going to be RIDICULOUSLY CRAZY with tests, papers, and what-not, but at least there are cookies.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment